PHP Code Example
<?php echo “Find all your hosting needs!”; ?>
What can PHP be used for?
PHP is a programming language that can be used to create web pages. It’s incredibly basic for beginners, yet includes sophisticated features for experienced programmers. Don’t be intimidated by the long list of PHP’s capabilities. You should hop right in and write your first PHP script in a matter of hours.
What can be achieved with PHP
- Connects to any back-end or database server, such as MySQL.
- PHP performs system tasks like creating, opening, reading, writing, and closing files.
- PHP can handle formats, which means it can pull data from databases, save it to a file, email it to the user, and return it to them.
- You can edit, delete, and add objects to your database using PHP.
- Server-side scripting is PHP’s focus. This is the way to go if you want to practice at home as an amateur.
- PHP is a programming language that is often used to produce HTML code for web browsers.
- PHP can be used to create a login page for your user.
- Connects a database to a web browser.
Why PHP is so widely used?
You’ve probably heard of a few other programming languages and are wondering why we chose PHP as our web programming language. Because PHP has a huge easily accessible online reference and a well-structured function structure.
As a result, the language is easy to pick up and has a significant online following. There are numerous forums and manuals available on various PHP approaches and challenges, so you should have no trouble seeking help if you require it. Here are some fundamentals.
- It runs on several operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and Unix.
- It supports MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL databases, among others.
- PHP is a free open-source programming language that may be used by anybody.
- The learning curve is relatively quick as compared to other languages like JSP, ASP, and others.
- This programming language is easy to learn and use, and it works well on the server-side.
- It’s perfect for Web development because it can be directly incorporated into HTML code.
- It is frequently used in conjunction with Apache on several operating systems (the application server). On Windows, it’s also compatible with Microsoft’s IIS.
- PHP is a scripting language that may be used to create interactive websites.
So, how does PHP work?
The PHP program communicates with the site server, which is the software that distributes web pages to the rest of the world. When you type a URL into your web browser’s address bar, you’re instructing the webserver at that URL to send you an HTML file. The web server responds by sending the requested file. Your browser reads the HTML file and displays the web page. When you request a file from the webserver by pressing a source on a web page, you’re also requesting a file from the webserver. Additionally, when you click a button on a web page that submits a form, a file is processed by the webserver.
User send page request to the webserver
The server forwards that request to PHP
PHP will send the request to the Database and respond back to the server.
The request will be then sent back to the user’s device
Whether you are new to the game or a seasonal web developer when it comes to creating a website, PHP is such an amazing tool to have in your arsenal. Our Hosting Australia Web development and support team are highly skilled in PHP, so if you are looking to create a website or need assistance with any queries we are here to assist.